Why we developed this service.
Success is about planning; we want to help you achieve success.
- Do you have a current Business Plan?
- Have you set realistic and measurable goals?
- Do you have clear strategies to achieve your goals?
- Do you regularly review your goals in regard to changing circumstances?
A Business Planning session will require you to take time out from day to day activities in the business to focus on the business. Together we will review your past performance and clarify future direction. You will set solid and realistic business goals and define strategies for achievement. At the end of the session you will have a one page Business Plan which will act as a guide map to ensure you are on course for success.
Who should have a Business Planning Session?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, we recommend you undertake Business Planning. Would you like:
- To increase the level of growth, profitability and cashflow in your business?
- Support to unlock your business potential?
- A clear outline of what you need to do to unlock this potential?
- A document against which to measure your progress?
What is involved?
You’ll attend a four hour planning session facilitated by Co-Pilot Accounting. The key issues covered include:
- Discussing and setting both personal and business goals for the next 12 months
- Discussing and agreeing on an action plan with strategies to support achievement of goals
- Identification of Gross Revenue Targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Identification of opportunities and vulnerabilities in your business that need to be managed
- Establishment of a 90 day Action Plan to address immediate critical issues
We will provide you with pre-work, which you will need to complete prior to the Business Planning session to ensure you identify any issues that need to be discussed. That way we can prepare any information required prior to the session.
When should I have a session?
Any time is a good time to make a Business Plan if you don’t have one, however it is particularly relevant at the start of a new financial year. If you are contemplating a major change in your existing business or entering a new venture, a Business Plan is crucial. You will also be required to have a Business Plan to support any financial applications.
Benefits of a Business Planning Session
Gives you a chance to review and set the direction of the business
Helps you to find common goals amongst a number of Directors (if applicable)
Identifies and prioritises your key goals
Sets timeframes for achieving goals and therefore provides accountability
It can be used as a basis for you to set team members’ individual goals / targets
Provides a tool to communicate your business goals and vision with your Team
Provides you with a template to review actual performance against targets
Creates strategies for you to achieve your goals
Provides you with a platform to develop Financial Forecasts
Identifies what you will need to achieve goals. This could be a combination of marketing, training, performance management, increased resourcing and cost cutting